Are you getting bored with the tedious look of used kitchen cabinet ? Don’t worry. If you are tired enough, you can resell it in the flea market or garage sales. However, it will cost you more since you have to buy a new kitchen cabinet to replace your current cabinet. If you want to get rid of the boring look and want to enjoy fresh and new appearance of your used kitchen cabinet, I will give you several tips to make it look like as a new cabinet that you just have bought from the shops.
The used kitchen cabinet that you have in the house definitely is varied between houses since the layout of the kitchen from one home to others is different. If your used kitchen cabinet is made this traditional character, it is placed to the wall of the kitchen. If you pick the modern and contemporary kitchen, the installation is mobile and stand-alone. The traditional one usually is made from the hard wood with its glossy finishes. One the other hand, if you have modern cabinet, the glass and strong plastic are the main material. The best way that you can do to refresh the used kitchen cabinet is by repainting it with a new of coat of color.
Then you may begin to pick the color that you like to apply in this used kitchen cabinet. If your existing color is dark, you can pick the lighter one to carry a new atmosphere in the kitchen. White or eve tan can be the perfect decision to go. Then you need to clean the entire surface of the cabinet. After that you can apply the first coat of paint carefully since the cabinet has many details. You need to wait at least one day to see the paint of the used kitchen cabinet to dry. Then you will see the fresh look. One more thing to add, you can also update the hardware of the used kitchen cabinet as the final touch.
With the wide array of modern kitchen cabinet designs, homeowners can easily choose models that complement and enhance their lifestyles. Picking out the style and color of your kitchen cabinets is easy. But it can be a little more difficult to decide the best way to arrange your cabinets. When positioning kitchen cabinets, it’s best to balance functional work space while keeping an eye on design. In addition to traditional kitchen cabinets, specialty items, such as wine racks, foldout pantry cabinets and slide-out drawers, allow homeowners to combine good looks with functionality. Here are a few home improvement tips to consider when laying out your kitchen design and cabinet positions.
Tips on Positioning Kitchen Cabinets:
- Envision a work triangle. You may be using your kitchen design to decide where cabinets should go, but you may also want to consider how people will be moving throughout the kitchen. When positioning kitchen cabinets, keep in mind the distance between different appliances and elements used in food preparation. You want your kitchen remodeling to improve function. Map out a “work triangle” formed by lines connecting the sink, the range and the refrigerator. To minimize excess walking, this triangle should be as small as possible while still being practical. Kitchen-cabinet positioning should accommodate and enhance the work triangle. For example, placing a lower cabinet next to the open-door side of the refrigerator will make it simple to take food items out of the fridge and set them on the counter. Separating the three elements of the work triangle by lower cabinets also allows the cook to remove hot items from the stove and place them on the countertop, and provides counter access near the sink for dirty dishes. In addition, an upper cabinet set above the dishwasher simplifies the task of putting away clean dishes.
- Consider standard kitchen cabinet sizes. Standard cabinet size is a factor when determining how to arrange your kitchen cabinets. The standard height of a base cabinet is 34.5 inches. After allowing approximately 0.5 inches for the thickness of a countertop, the finished counter height is approximately 35 inches. Lower base-cabinets are typically 24 inches deep. When positioning base cabinets, consider the remaining walking space in front of each unit. Leaving at least 4 feet of open floor space in front of cabinet doors, drawers and the stove will give the cook room to move with ease. Upper kitchen cabinets are only 12 inches deep, and they vary in height from 30 inches to as small as 12 inches to accommodate placement over a range or microwave. Both upper and lower kitchen cabinets offer large corner units, sometimes with installed “Lazy Susan” rotating shelves, to lessen the need to reach into far corners of the cabinets.
Focus on kitchen design. While function is important, you want your kitchen to look stylish as well. Utilize symmetrical appeal by positioning upper cabinets of similar size on either side of your sink and range, if space permits. Place a tall, pantry-type cabinet next to the refrigerator to camouflage the side closest to your living area. Consider installing a base cabinet or an island cabinet with an attached eating bar on the backside to provide an attractive eating space without taking up lots of floor space in a small kitchen.
You can make your kitchen looks unique and new with replacing your old cabinets with inexpensive kitchen cabinets. Maybe you are doubtful with the qualities of the cabinets but actually it is not that difficult to find the cheap cabinets if you know where to find it. There are many information about the inexpensive cabinets online. So It is important to know how to gain the online information.
It is not a wrong assumption that you will get what you have paid. It is often that cheap kitchen cabinets for sale are not long lasting furniture. But it does not mean that you cannot find good qualities with the cheap prices. That is why you should know the best place and information for getting the inexpensive cabinets. It is not that easy to find such good inexpensive kitchen cabinets. Thus, try to get the solid wood kitchen cabinets.
Do not choose the whacky wood or particle board to avoid fragile or short lasting kitchen cabinets. Make sure that the kitchen cabinet’s frame is sturdy. Choose the kitchen cabinets that equipped with turn tables, corner pieces, glass doors, and other bells and whistles cost much more money. A But this kind of cabinets will cost more money, choose the simple design to safe the cost.
Do not forget to check the guarantee of the kitchen cabinets. Although the cabinets are inexpensive but guarantee is very important to notice. Warranty will give you protection if the cabinets are not hop up. Or if you can find extended guarantee you can request it. When the kitchen cabinets arrive in your house, check it carefully to know if there is any damage. If there is some damage, you can send them back to the store.
You can find a discount or inexpensive kitchen cabinets in some places like unfinished furniture shops, secondhand furniture shops, or home improvement centers. In unfinished furniture shops usually sell quality cabinets with a discount because those cabinets often unpainted or have not been stained. In secondhand furniture shops, architectural salvage and antique stores, those stores will offer an owned kitchen cabinets for sale.
Maybe you want the one, but if the cabinets still in good condition and you can get cheap prices it is worth to buy those cabinets. For other choice, you may see home improvement centers for an alternative or just to add your information. They often offer the kitchen cabinets for sale. Or you can get further information inexpensive kitchen cabinets online first to find the best qualities. Thus, you will not to be worried again to get inexpensive kitchen cabinets.
No matter your kitchen is totally new construction or perhaps a remodel, the first thing you need to take into account is budget. Here we are going to give you some tips on how to managing your budget when you are buying kitchen cabinets.
Understanding how much the different options are will a minimum of give you somewhere to start within the selection process. Make sure to include the price of installation inside your figures. At the same time, each cupboard grade retains a wide range of options. For example semi-custom versions vary a good deal in cost, materials, as well as detail. Even though you need to restrict your choice to the most affordable stock styles, you’re liable to discover more versions than you could expect. You can display your creativeness with fascinating colors as well as hardware or even by adding a creative trim.
In addition to design, you also have to focus on comfort and high quality. The least pricey stock cabinets is going to be durable as well as last for years when you purchase well.
Today’s kitchen offer more functions than ever before. These include smooth sliding drawers, racks that take out for easy entry, rotating laid back Susans to help achieve items kept in the back, big drawers or even bigger cupboard boxes for all those oversized pans and pots, and useful small pull-down storage space spaces right in front of the kitchen sink that maintain sponges and hunting pads.
Choosing kitchen cabinets matters as a main decision within designing your house since they come in place for a long time. Doing some research will help you help to make practical as well as attractive options while remaining within your budget.
There are literally hundreds of cabinet producers and probably thousands when you include all the local and small-business cabinet makers. While there is skill and craftsmanship necessary to produce quality results, making quality cabinets doesn’t necessarily require highly complex machinery or factory conditions. In other words, you may find a talented carpenter or local cabinetmaker with the ability to produce fine cabinetry.
Given the number of cabinet producers, you’re probably asking what the differences are, if any, among them all. In reality, the differences are really found in the same general categories that make them similar. It’s back to the car analogy again: the auto manufacturers all make vehicles that do the same job; they’re just variations on a theme.
How They’re Similar
- Materials – Cabinets are made from a finite range of materials and finishes so unless someone is making cabinets out of bricks, most if not all will use similar materials (predominantly wood and wood-based products, melamine, laminate and some metals).
- Construction Style – Cabinets fall into two style categories – framed and frameless. Regardless of which manufacturer you choose, they’ll produce either one or both of these styles.
- Options – Just like with cars, cabinet makers offer a varied array of options and price points
How They’re Different
- Stock / Semi-custom / Custom – How they’re produced will vary among the manufacturers with some offering only custom pieces and others providing only stock or a combination of manufacturing methods.
- Quality – Not all manufacturers are created equal; there are those that offer more premium products in the way of materials, construction and options. Some manufacturers offer several product lines with graduated levels of what would be considered quality features (such as better materials and finishes).
- Access to Market – Some cabinet makes are available through big-box home retailers while others are through select dealers or designers. Other cabinet lines are available through the internet with direct delivery to your door. Smaller local cabinet makers may sell directly from their shop.
So what’s the bottom line when it comes down to sorting through all the various cabinet makers? There’s no right or wrong way to narrow down to a short list of candidates but here are some suggestions:
- Start by saving some ads from magazines on various manufacturers that appeal to you. Using the internet is a good way to find out more about them since most brands provide fairly good information on product lines, materials and construction. Most manufacturer websites will also tell you where you can find their products.
- Next, go out and look at some actual product. Even if the brands you like aren’t available locally, still get out and view some cabinets. You can do this by visiting any home-improvement retailer or by visiting some kitchen design firms. This way you’ll actually see the differences in methods of construction and quality.
- Find some local cabinet makers in your area and visit them as a comparison to the large commercial cabinet makers.
- Finally, narrow your field of brand/cabinet maker options based on your research and then focus on obtaining cost quotes for the cabinets and installation for comparison purposes.
Determining the cost depends on a wide range of factors but the best place to start is by establishing a budget for your new or renovated kitchen. There are some general guidelines for budgeting items like cabinets, countertops and appliances so by starting with a budget, you’ll be able to zero in on what you should expect to spend on cabinets.
Industry statistics show that on average, cabinets make up approximately 50% of the kitchen budget which is also the largest percentage of overall expenditures for the kitchen. Using this as a guideline you’ll be able to determine what your allowance should be. There’s nothing holding you back from spending more or less but this just means that the other parts of your kitchen will make up correspondingly higher or lower percentages of the overall budget. So, if your kitchen remodeling budget is $25,000, expect to pay roughly $12,500 for cabinets. Again, this assumes average statistics.
Once you have an idea of what you’re willing to spend, you’ll be better equipped to make choices on the wide range of options available to you.
One final note on costs: cabinets are priced based on how many you buy and quantity of bells and whistles that they incorporate. Options and upgrades abound and they increase the price. These options include everything from the materials used to construct them to the range of finishes to the organizing gadgets that go inside them. The key is to prioritize what it is you really want/need by asking and answering some questions and making sure those ‘must-haves’ fit into your budget.
Except the Victorian kitchen cabinet designs, the shaker kitchen cabinet designs are also very popular. The shaker kitchen cabinet designs firstly came in 1770 from a religious social movement among American colonies. The Shaker people were known to live in a simple and efficient community. Hence, their choice of houses they built at the time will also have similar principle that delivers effective functionality yet with simplicity. These features of Shaker kitchen cabinet designs have totally captured a lot of people’s hearts until today.
Shaker kitchen cabinet designs nowadays are focusing on quality, simplicity and cleanliness. Resembling a bit taste of Arts and Crafts kitchen style, this kind of kitchen designs is simpler with less ornament attachments. The trademarks of Shaker kitchen cabinet designs are mostly delivered through its utilitarian design, doors with flat panels, tapered post, and also sturdy constructed structure. They are probably the main attraction points of this kind of cabinet designs.
The style of Shaker kitchen cabinet designs focuses on efficiency of cabinets functions. You can arrange a simple traffic layout to optimize the work of this kind of kitchen cabinets. Shaker kitchen cabinet could also create the greatest possible use of your kitchenâ€™s walls space. There is a lot of additional furniture you can possibly add to make up your kitchen. In addition, you can also install a central kitchen island with simple seating to maximize your kitchen.
The most important principles in Shaker kitchen cabinet designs are neatness and function effectiveness. Therefore, Shaker kitchen cabinets should be well-organized of storage area for your kitchen utensils. Plate and small appliances sliding rack, space and knives drawer, and also pull out trash bin can be added to complete your cabinetâ€™s function. Those storage systems are created to make an effective, uncluttered and well-organized kitchen cabinet